Braids are an easy and so pleasant way to forget about hair styling for months, give your hair some rest and protect it from harsh environmental factors. Besides, with the awesome hairstyles listed below you will attract attention, admiring glances and sincere smiles.
Braided hairstyles make space for creativity. There are many interesting braiding techniques to make every head unique. Besides, you can experiment with highlights, natural or curly texture, clips, patterns, shapes, etc.
Natural perm and hair thickness is your big plus and a unique bonus that you simply can’t leave unused. Your hair, that you might have been complaining of before, is created for braids. So why not to use this idea to your advantage?
Braiding is very versatile: microbraids, cornrows, fishtail braids, blocky braids, black braided buns, twist braids, tree braids, hair bands, French braids and more are at your disposal. Once you pick a desired braiding style, thickness and have your hair braided, you may shape your braids into gorgeous hairstyles both for every day and special events.
Researchers say that braids were “in fashion” even 2000 years b.c. If they have survived till our time, there definitely must be something special in them, don’t you think? No wonder, every year world-famous designers experiment with braids at fashion shows. Fancy to know what’s new they offer!
Popular Trends in Black Braided Hairstyles
Fashion shows are always inspiring, yet when it comes to clothes, we need to wait at least till March to begin to bring some new fresh ideas into life. As for hairstyles, things are much easier here: get inspired and try on new images already now. What’s new was there in braided hairstyles? These are some trends for inspiration:
– Tight and edgy cornrows, cornrowed buns. Cornrows have been always considered as a rather casual hairstyle, but now when they are in Couture collections, it’s high time to rock them for a while in the new season.
– Wrap-around braids and twists for black hair with fresh flowers. These are loose, messy and inspired by Boho chic.
– Very loose whimsical braids for long hair. The braid that starts from mid-shaft is not noticeable in the front and looks sloppy in the back.
– Low braided buns. Braided bun updos are always an extra charge of elegance to ennoble even the simplest outfit.
– Twisted rope braids. These long 3 dimensional braids, ideal for long thick hair, look very interesting, unhackneyed and worth a try.
The Most Gorgeous Black Braided Hairstyles
Check out the ideas in pictures below to get inspired.
Types of Hair Braiding
- Country plaits are usually worn by women. It consists of hair braids that are laid on the scalp. Each hair section is braided by weaving one over the other. When it’s done, you can have a sleek hair braid. It seems that the hair is cut close to the scalp.
- Cornrows are much the same with country plaits. It is laid flat on your scalp and follows the shape of your head. The only difference is the process of braiding. In cornrows, the hair is woven under one another. As a result, it would look like a raised braid. Both cornrows and country plaits can be accomplished in different lengths. Of course, the thinner ones will produce more braids and time-consuming too. Cornrow braids are very ancient. It started way back in 500 B.C. during the Nok civilization of Nigeria. It has a variety of styles including intricate curves, spirals and linear. In order to look tidy, African men and women slaves wore braids. Braids were worn by famous African American personalities such as Benjamin Banneker and Frances Harper. In the 1950s, Black artists called it an “Afro.” It was worn by Odetta, Nina Simone, Abby Lincoln and others. In the 1970s, cornrow braiding was on the rise. Cicely Tyson and Stevie Wonder sported this style. In the 1990s, cornrows can be seen on hip-hop artists such as Ludacris, Lil’ Bow Wow, and others. It became a famous celebrity style and worn by other celebrities such as basketball star Allen Iverson.
- In single braids, a small section of hair is braided out up to the very end. It can be done is different lengths. Again, thinner braids will result to more braids, time-consuming, and costly as well.
If you are searching for a new look then we have put together a collection of the different styles of African hair braiding. You gotta love this!
African Hair Braiding Styles and Examples
1. African Hair Braiding
With this style, having a natural thick hair is a big plus.
2. African American Braided Hairstyles
If your hair is created for braiding then why not use this hairstyle to your advantage?
3. African American Hair Braiding
Braided hairstyles are very versatile.
4. African American Hair Braiding Styles
There are different hairstyles to choose from such as cornrows, twist braids, French braids, tree braids and others.
5. African Braiding
Braids are already ancient and yet they survived till now. Is there something special about them?
6. African Braiding Gallery
Cornrows are just a casual hairstyle but now they are already part of the fashion world.
7. African Hair Braid
With so many options, braided hairstyles are often seen on black women, men and children.
8. African Hair Braiding
One of the fastest ways to rack up likes on your social networking sites is to take a photo of your hot braids.
9. African Hair Braiding Designs
Sometimes it’s amazing to see what we can actually do with our hair.
10. African Hair Braiding For Long Hair
This is a great inspiration for women with long hair.
11. African Hair Braiding For Short Hair
Most rappers and NBA players are now rocking the scene with their cornrows.
12. African Hair Braiding For Women
There are certain styles of braid that can look good in a particular face shape and skin tone.
13. African Hair Braiding Hairstyles
Black is beautiful.
14. Long Twist Braids
Long braids can give you a “Poetic Justice” Janet Jackson feel.
15. African Hair Braiding for Celebrities
You can create your own hair design that looks convenient and fashionable as well.
16. Best African Hair Braiding
With good maintenance, you can keep your hair looking good.
17. Blonde Single Braids
The blonde and black combo are hot.
18. African Hair Braiding Styles
Adding makeup and jewelry can complete your look.
19. Hair Braiding for Kinky Hair
To keep it looking neat and shiny all the time, wash your hair at home or in a salon.
20. Best Braided Hairstyles for African American
To make your braids more stylish complete it with a trendy outfit.
21. Braided Hairstyles for Black Women
Look charming and gorgeous with your braided hairstyle.
22. Fabulous Hair Braiding Styles
Adding style to your hair braid can make you look younger.
23. Beautiful Hair Braiding Style
Braids are great hairstyles for parties, weddings, and other occasions.
24. Long Black Braids
Long single braids for women are sweet and sassy.
25. Natural Braided Hairstyles for Black Women
This hairstyle can look fabulous in any outfit.
26. Hair Braiding with Color
Want to look daring? Then why not introduce some color to your hairstyle.
27. Neat and Shiny
With braided hairstyle, you can hold it in such a way that its flexible and less stressful for you.
28. Best Braided Up Do’s for Black Women
An eye-catching eyeshadow and makeup that compliment with your skin tone can make your braided hairstyle look more attractive.
29. Best Black Braided Hairstyle
A stylish hair design can bring a smile on a woman’s face.
30. Half Braided Style
The braided hairstyle can be worn long, medium or short depending on what you desire.